- Find appropriate and the absolute best comps
- Go to the Township with evidence
- Contest your Appeal in person at the hearing
- Focus on the accuracy and uniformity of your comps instead of your emotions.
- Write down key points before the hearing. Make sure your items are all in order such as photos, sales information, and comparable evidence so that you are comfortable with them!
- Try to keep it short. A concise well prepared assessment appeal will win the attention of the board
- Focus on the FACTS instead of the details such as talking about whether you have 3 full bathrooms rather than just 2. It may not have a great effect for your overall value.
- Be calm and collected and smile